You’re probably reading this because you haven’t written a new blog post in a few weeks or maybe its months. First thing you have to hear is that it happens to all of us and is totally normal! Being involved in the blogger community may seem like a double edged sword while you’re doing through your writer’s block. You’re seeing all your peers producing new content and that adds to the pressure to not fall behind.
The positive side though is seeing how many of your fellow bloggers are also going through their own dry spell. This helps you feel less alone and relieves the pressure by normalizing your situation. Feel free to reach out to those you relate to and connect, feeling support could put you in the writing mood.
As I mentioned earlier, if you stay involved in the community you’ll be exposed to new content from other bloggers. Since you’re not writing you’ll have extra free time for reading! See what’s currently trending in the blogger world! You can also search Newspapers, Magazines, and google keywords in your niche to try and find a spark. (Of course, don’t copy anyone’s work that doesn’t solve anything).
Some bloggers would suggest taking a break from the community. Take some time off from social media and focus back in on your life. We draw a lot of our inspiration from life experiences but if you’re not out there living then you could run low on material. A conversation with friend or relative could give you a new perspective a topic you might have been stuck on.
While you’re taking a social media break, try to find inspiration in other art forms. Go to a concert or see a play, or maybe you’re also a creator in a another format such as painting or a fictional writer. None of these things have to do with your blog or niche, they’re just ways to light that fire inside of you again.
Lastly, it’s nice to look at your old posts, see what used to inspire you and remind you of how far you’ve come and what you’ve been able to create. Remind yourself of why you started blogging in the first place and the fresh hope you had back then.
PS this is my first post since my writer’s block! You can even make your lack of a writing your way back into writing!
My Debut Poetry Collection CRACKED OPEN will be available April 20th!! Full with new illustrations and 20 never before seen poems! Here is a sneak peak! Link coming soon so you can order your copy!
Table of Contents for Cracked Open and Chapter 1 Title.
First Poem in Chapter 4.
One of the new illustrations scattered throughout my book! Love how the images bring the words to life.
I know you can feel my frustration in the distance
Don’t worry though, I could never get too far from you
My love for you still holds true
I just need a little room to think
With Spring here it’s time for some fun dates with your significant other! Here are some ways you can fall in love with that warm sun again.
- Decorating Easter eggs – You can only do this once a year so you might as well live a little! No need for talent, just have fun and the pretty colors will do their magic!
- Nature Walk in local hiking trail – You’ve been cooped up inside for so long it’s time to stretch those legs! See what flowers are blooming with a nature walk. Bonus – bring your dog!
- Winery/ Brewery visit – most will have some outdoor space but every spring day won’t be sunny and warm so at least here the inside is always available too. Bring some friends for a fun time.
- Mini Golf – the snow has finally melted and you can see the green again. Brush up on your golf skills and visit your local course.
- Escape room – The trend has been going strong the past 5 years with new puzzles and rooms being created. You may have escaped one room but you haven’t escaped them all!
- Fairs/Festivals- flea markets and local street festivals are starting up come springtime and you can make a day out of it.
- Axe throwing – the newest trend is going to axe throwing place! Its new, adventurous and a great group date. You get a quick demo, throw enough to pay your money’s worth, and there’s a bar too!
- Picnic at a park – the sun is finally shining and the winter coats have finally been put in storage! You want to soak up the fresh air as much as possible after this winter’s hibernation so visit a nice park on a warm day and enjoy yourselves.
- Amusement park – The parks really get crowded the in summer so now is your chance to enjoy some rides without the hour long lines.
- Aquarium/Zoo trips- depending on the weather you can stay warm at the aquarium on a chilly day or enjoy the sun while seeing wildlife at the zoo.
- Museum/ Planetarium – get transported to another era in time or another galaxy by visiting an interesting museum.
- Paint and Wine night – They’ve been popular for a few years now but there’s always another canvas to paint and bottle to be drank! It’s painting made easy, limited artistic talent required.
What makes for good first date conversation aside from the usual work/school/family prattle?
DD:You want to keep a first date light and although talking about tv show and movies may seem silly you can learn a lot about a person’s immaturity level and sense of humor by what they put on their screens. You can also find common ground by talking about shows, actors, and current events in entertainment.
Family is usually a common topic as mentioned in the question, but friends are also important to talk about. You want to know the type of people your date surrounds themselves with. You can also learn the role they play in a friend group such as jokester, planner, or the one everyone goes to for advice; its good to see how other people view and value your date and you might appreciate them more by learning so.
When you start talking about friends you also learn what your date does with their free time. Do they go to bars every weekend, trips to a nearby city or concert, or a laidback game night at a friend’s house? This helps you figure out if you like to do the same things and also gives you ideas for future dates if you do.
A common topic for early dates is talking about travels, they’re exciting and unique from day to day life. There seems to be a trend for millenials to be travel bugs so daters can usually find common ground there.
Topics to stay away from:
Past Relationships. Don’t be the idiot who talks about his ex and all the things he hated about her or the rude girl who talks about all the other dates she had this month. You both know you’ve dated other people but they aren’t here so stop bringing them up!
Dating Pet Peeves. If you start ranting about things you hate about dating profiles you’re going to seem picky and negative. You can also potentially insult your date. Sure, you won’t want to date someone who annoys you but you should find out the reasoning of why something might be on their profile before ruling them out.
Dark Past and Politics. It would of course be important for your significant other to learn about past experiences that have shaped you even if they aren’t happy memories but the first date is not the time to go into details. Controversial topics like politics and religion are also conversations that should be saved for a later date once you already feel comfortable with someone. Remember, light and fun is the name of the game in the beginning!
I never meant to hurt you
by the things i can’t undo
But You can’t keep punishing me
for the things I did before i met you
It breaks my heart to know
I’ve been breaking yours like glass
I don’t care about those in my past
I’ll forget it all if that’s what makes you happy
There is no battle to fight love, victory is yours
Because you’re the only one for me
Just wait till Im down on one knee
I loved you when i first met you
and i love you more still
Let me settle your mind,
there is no more blood to spill
I’m obsessed with you
even though i shouldn’t be
I want to know everything thing
you’ve ever said and did
I want to be you singing along with him like you’re the only two at that concert
Feeling him move as the jazz music rises later that night
Tell me, are you jealous of me too?
The sole commitment to me and our future
The i love yous whispered in my ear
Do you wish to be me
like i wish to be you?
I try to think of things i have that you don’t
but you have ocean strolls and trips upstate.
You’ve met the family and had baseball dates.
There’s not much I’ve done that you haven’t.
You two like the same shows and music, i guess that’s why you stayed so long
So tell me where did it go wrong?
Do you know why I’m here instead of you?
Why does he love me so easily when he could never do the same for you?
I hope it breaks your heart as much as you’ve broken mine
I will not apologize for who I am
My sharp edges
My brutal honesty
My trust issues that push you away
I am not the same girl I once was
Abandonment has sanded me down
Hurt and disappointment have molded me
Through the vulnerable flames she has emerged
Weathered through every storm
She is what survived
She is the reason I’m alive
And for that I will never apologize.