The last quarterly favorites recap of 2019!
Check out : March June September
to see how the rest of the year went!
Favorite show: I just finished season two of Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime! I’m also watching The Rookie and Stumptown via Hulu (both are on ABC).
Favorite tweet: I was looking through my tweets and saw I was talking about naps and sleeping a lot so why don’t we all just take a look at that haha
Favorite blog post: I’m starting to write articles like I did back in 2017 such as What changed in dating apps. I excited to be going back to my roots and how this blog started out. I hope you guys are enjoying it too!
Favorite phase /word to say: If I had to pick something I guess it would be ‘Can’t Relate’ mostly when people are talking about all the crazy, drunk things they get up to with their friends going out to the bars every weekend.
Favorite thing you did: Watched Sunday football at a local bar with my cousins and family. I also saw the broadway play Come From Away.
Favorite artist: It’s that Holiday Season so I’ll list some of my favorite Christmas songs!
Blue Christmas -Elvis
Please Come Home For Christmas- Eagles
All I Want For Christmas is You – Mariah Carey
Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer – Elmo & Patsy
Favorite Poem: I have two newer poems that are really catching my eye and hopefully they’ll catch yours too: Close Enough and Fallen Angel
Every 3 months this year I’m going to review some favorite things that have been going on in my life. It will be fun to see how things progress and change as the year goes by!
- Favorite show: I just finished season one of I’m Sorry on Netflix, it was funny and I didn’t have to be paying 100% attention all the time which is just how I like my shows. Similar show that I’m also enjoying is I Feel Bad on Hulu. Both funny, cool moms struggling through life sitcoms.
2. Favorite tweet: Check out who I said would be a good trivia partner
3. Favorite blog post: Was when I announced my next Poetry Collection!!!
4. Favorite phase /word to say: I recently started watching Letterkenny on Hulu and they frequently say “Pitter Patter let’s get at’er” so I’ve been parroting that a lot. More Letterkenny quotes here Letterkenny Sayings. (I got to the second season but stopped watching the show, it’s an acquired taste for sure).
5. Favorite thing you did: I went on a trip to California with my boyfriend! It was great to experience something new together and see him so happy and energetic! We also learned I’m a very hangry person… ( sorry for being moody)
6. Favorite artist: I’ve been in some stressful moods due to school work and listening to Post Malone always helps.
The Urban Flair Etsy Shop
7. Favorite Poem: Your Loss is one I recently published on the blog even though I wrote it back circa 2011. I’ve really been enjoying going through my old poems and seeing which ones are still holding up with time. This one is short but still holds substance, Take a look!
So I was watching Bachelor in Paradise Monday night and could not stop shaking my head at Izzy. Izzy and Vinny hit it off right away and seemed like a very solid couple. A few weeks go by and a guy finally comes to Paradise peeking Izzy’s interest. Izzy just has to talk to Brett to see if he’s worth the risk of letting go of her strong connection to Vinny. Vinny, not wanting to wait around on the Backburner, leaves Paradise.
Some more time goes by, Brett goes on a date with someone else and then tells Izzy that they just don’t have a strong enough connection. Izzy then departs from Paradise, realizing the mistake she made by letting Vinny go and tries to win him back via phone call. He shuts her down quickly, making the right decision in my opinion.
I met my own Vinny, my own Mr. Right. He was a great guy, treated me really well, and I would be a fool to let that go. But I did anyway.
I did it for the potential of Stubborn. Or maybe because Izzy and I have a lot in common and we did it because we didn’t want to end up ruining a great thing and getting left heartbroken. There’s a 75% chance that my Brett will go on a date with someone else that will end up outweighing my connection with him. But I guess that’s where my similarities with Izzy end.
I wouldn’t go back to Mr. Right. If one man was all it took for me to question my relationship enough to let it go then eventually, another man will come along giving me that same desire to risk it again. I think Izzy feared being alone more than she loved Vinny. I think Vinny realized that too and he wasn’t going to settle for someone who doesn’t truly love him.
I’m not going to settle and I don’t think Mr. Right should either.