When I was young I dreamed of reaching the moon
and I dreamed of saving the world.
I dreamed of becoming the best me I could be
but chasing dreams is harder than it seems
because disappointment and doubt appear to be the only things in route.
But I’m strong and I’ll survive
and only Love can keep the heart alive.
August: Marriage/ First Dance Wedding
1. Dan and Shay’s Speechless from 2018. I mean come on, the music video is their weddings, it is THE PERFECT first dance song. Listen here
2. Eric Clapton’s Wonderful Tonight from 1977 is a classic that could never go out of style. Listen here
3. Ed Sheehan’s Perfect from 2017 is a song of pure love. I was torn on putting his single Thinking Out Loud instead, you can’t go wrong either way. Listen here
4. Matt Stell’s Prayed for You from 2019 reminds you just how sacred the vow of marriage is. Listen here
5. Casey James’ So Sweet from 2012 is a gorgeous song of finally finding the love of your life. Listen here
September: You should be with me instead
1.Mario’s Let Me Love You from 2004 reminds you that there is always someone who is waiting to treat you as well as you deserve. Listen here
2. DJ Khaled’s You Stay (featuring way too many people) from 2019 is a song about returning to a happier with you where you can focus on your goals with a good guy instead of being mistreated. Listen here
3. Rayne Johnson’s Front Seat from 2020 is a reminder to never be taken for granted but instead truly cherished. Listen here
4. Jordan Davis’ Singles You Up from 2018 is just a guy waiting for his chance to show you how great you could be together. Listen here
5. Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow’s Picture from 2002 will always stand the test of time in my book. The longing and heartache portrayed in that song is undeniable. Listen here
I know I won’t ever get to call you home
But can I still come over?
Can we just pretend for the night
that we’re meant to be more
than just lovers?
Its always worse at night baby
Always hate to be apart baby
Wish you would be mine baby
Wish you would take more
than just my time baby.
You’re so smooth
I love the way you move.
I want to hear those sounds
you can’t hide.
The ones you don’t even realize you’re making.
The ones that course the blood through my veins.
I want to give you pieces of me
So slow and steady
I hope they sneak right by you.
Let me under your skin
I promise it will feel good.
You tell me No
but you don’t let me go.
The door is closing
but you leave it unlocked
a late night knock.
I want to take an hour of your time
Only need an hour to make you mine
I don’t want someone new
I just want you
No words exchanged
When our bodies are talking.
Yours lips on my skin
And hands on my hips
Like old friends
They remember comfort
And soft spots.
You knew exactly what I wanted
When and how.
Could read what I needed
before I even knew.
How did something so good
have to grow so complicated.